Eftichia Kritsi is a chemist and she obtained her bachelor diploma and her master’s degree in the field of Organic Chemistry from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NTUA). In 2017, she earned her PhD diploma from the School of Chemical Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA). From 2017, she is employed as postdoctoral researcher at the Institute of Chemical Biology of National Hellenic Research Foundation (NHRF) and from 2020 she is collaborated as teaching fellow at the Department of Food Science and Technology of the University of West Attica (UNIWA). From 2018, she is academic staff (1) at the Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology of the University of Thessaly (Interinstitutional Programm of postgraduate studies in Bioentrepreeurship) and (2) at the School of Medicine of the University of Crete (Postgraduate Programm Oncology: from Oncogenesis to Therapy). Her scientific work resulted in 18 publications at international peer-reviewed journals and in more than 20 oral and poster announcements in conferences. Also, she has participated in National funded research projects and also she has received 3 fellowships.
Her research fields is focused mainly on Computational Chemistry and NMR spectroscopy.
(1) G. E. Magoulas, L. Kalopetridou, A. Ćirić, E. Kritsi, P. Kouka, P. Zoumpoulakis, N. Chondrogianni, M. Soković, K. C. Prousis, T. Calogeropoulou, «Synthesis, biological evaluation and QSAR studies of new thieno[2,3-d] pyrimidin-4(3H)-one derivatives as antimicrobial and antifungal agents», Bioorg. Chem., vol. 106, pp. 104509-104524, 2021. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bioorg.2020.104509
(2) E. Kritsi, M. T. Matsoukas, C. Potamitis, V. Karageorgos, A. Detsi, M. Ivanov, M. Sokovic, P. Zoumpoulakis, Novel Hit Compounds as Putative Antifungals: The Case of Aspergillus fumigatus, Molecules, 24, 3853, 2019. DOI: 10.3390/molecules24213853
(3) G. Zoidis, E. Kritsi, P. Lecinska, M. Ivanov, P. Zoumpoulakis, M. Sokovic, M. Catto, The Triazole ring as a Privileged Scaffold for Putative Antifungals: Synthesis and Evaluation of a Series of New analogues, ChemMedChem, 16, 134, 2021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/cmdc.202000312
(4) J. Zachmann, E. Kritsi, A. Tapeinou, P. Zoumpoulakis, T. Tselios, M. T. Matsoukas, A Combined Computational and Structural Approach into Understanding the Role of Peptide Binding and Activation of the Melanocortin Receptor 4, J. Chem. Inf. Model, 60, 1461, 2020. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jcim.9b01196
(5) E. Kritsi, M. T. Matsoukas, C. Potamitis, V. Karageorgos, A. Detsi, V. Magafa, G. Liapakis, T. Mavromoustakos, P. Zoumpoulakis, Exploring new scaffolds for angiotensin II receptor antagonism, Bioorg. Med. Chem., 24 (18), 4444- 4451, 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.bmc.2016.07.047
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=5hBJLGIAAAAJ&hl=el
Currently teaching (undergraduate)
General Chemistry (Laboratory)
Organic Chemistry (Laboratory)
Quantitative Analytical Chemistry (Laboratory)
Instrumental Food Analysis (Laboratory)